Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Benefit's Dream Screen - Review



Back when I lived in Brazil (where wearing sunscreen is a must 12 months out of the year), I didn't really wear much make up. Foundation was reserved for special occasions only, always in the evening. When I moved to England and really started getting into my make up habit, I discovered and annoying fact about my SPF of choice (the La Roche Posay Anthelios): if you put ANYTHING on top of it, it simply peels off of your face immediately! That, plus the fact it's never quite as sunny here as it is in Brazil, made me quit sunscreen all together.

Fast forward two years and I'm actually starting to worry about what the effects of the sun will be on my skin in a few years time, which scared me into SPF again! After reading a few reviews, I landed on this new-ish Benefit launch. Anna's review of this little bad boy is what did it for me and I'm so glad she hasn't let me down! 

For once, this product matches it's packaging description perfectly! "You can't feel it, you can't see it, but it's got you covered". Perfect! It felt very silicone-y when I first applied, which had me questioning the "can't feel it" part, but after one or two minutes it sunk in and it really was like I had nothing on. Not five minutes after applying this, I followed with my regular make up routine and low and behold, no rubbing off, no peeling of! Wonderful!

Do you wear SPF everyday? x

7 comments:

  1. This sounds exactly what I'm looking for, thank you so much for this! I also love the La Roche-Posay suncream you mentioned but like you say, I can only wear this on a bare face because makeup doesn't work. Also I find makeup over SPF can make you feel a bit heavy and clogged, so looking forward to giving this a try. Thank you!! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just have to pick this up, but I’m still unsure, never 100% sold when makeup brands bring out skincare for some reason!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I actually feel the same! But this one is actual, real life, proper good! haha xx

      Delete
  3. I like in india where sunscreen is a most almost the comple year , I need to try thus one as benefit is one brand I really trust
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very pale so I wear SPF everyday. I really love cliniques face SPF and averno body spfs because they feel very lightweight.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, really do want to try this :) I have darker skin but wear SPF everyday it prevents dark marks and scaring something that's quite common in darker skin tones. I'm defo going to try this one by Benefit :) do you use a normal moisturiser over for hydration or do you find this works well on it's own? :) xx

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had that with La Roche Posay, I wonder if they've reformulated it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...