Friday, 13 June 2014

Living Room Update!



I've probably shared this story before, but here it goes again: when I moved in with my then fiance (now husband), he had spent the last few years house sharing so he actually didn't have any furniture of his own! When we moved into our first flat, all we had was, quite literally, a mattress and a television! We slowly furnished the whole flat over the course of six months, which I really enjoyed! I loved being able to choose everything I wanted instead of having to settle for furniture just because it was already there!

The main thing that had been missing for us was some extra sitting for when we have visits! The love seat is great for us for cuddling and watching movies together, but when we have people over I mainly end up sitting on a cushion on the floor and someone else might get "comfortable" on the coffee table! That is no more, my friends!

This is the IKEA Hastveda rattan chair (completed with the Marieberg chair cushion, which looks pretty thin on the website, but it's actually really good quality and comfortable)! I chose it because a) I think it looks good (hehe) and b) it compliments our baskets perfectly, really pulling the whole room together. Our living room isn't the biggest, so I was afraid it would get a little crowded but I've been proven wrong. Also, with the addition of that red cushion, it's amazing how much brighter it makes the room feel! 

 

And just for fun, I wanted to share this with you guys: it's our wedding invitation! haha I love it so much, I just had to frame it. The best and cutest part is, it was drawn by my mother-in-law! She's an amazing illustrator of children's books and she designed this just for us!

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know about your wedding invitation! Freakin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so lovely :) Cosy and comforting but bright and airy at the same time :)

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥
    Blog Design Shop| Little Koala Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steering away from the chair, your sofa looks so comfy ferdie! looks like a snuggler!
    Also LOVE your wedding invite its so adorable
    Talia xox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love posts like this that give a glimpse into the interior ^_^
    *note to self - must follow some interior design bloggers and gasp in wonder everytime I open my bloglovin feed up*
    and also the wedding invitation is sooooo cayooot! Love how the little cartoon represents both of you coming together :') gah - adorable!
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely and your wedding invitation is the best!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog randomly and I’d like to say it’s fabulous! You have amazing photos & style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog!

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wedding invite is such a cute touch! We had the same issue with seating when friends come over, bought two sofas instead a of the big one we had

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweeeet!!!
    follow to follow?
    http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...