Sunday, 8 June 2014

Everything I Own From... Essie Nail Polishes


Essie might just be the most popular nail polish brand between us bloggers! The cute packaging, great names and awesome quality of the formulas make it a must have in any collection! The brand was founded by Essie Weingarten herself in the early 80's. She had the stroke of genious of going to Las Vegas to sell her first bottles. She figured she needed a place where people had disposable income AND where people always need to look their best, including their nails. And it all took off from there. The fact nail varnishes are an affordable luxury for most of us makes the brand grow more and more each day. Essie names all the colours herself, which I think adds a very personal touch to each bottle. Here are the ones I own at them moment:

Wicked
a shade I originally thought was Essie's version to the hype surrounding Chanel's Rouge Noir, until I found out Essie came out with this shade back in the 80's. Talk about having some vision! It comes off a very modern and elegant dark red, which I've been obsessed with!

Chinchilly
remember in my perfume post when I said in Brazil we have a kind of saying "smells like something a rich girl would wear"? Well, I think this is a shade that looks like one a rich girl would paint (or rather, have it painted for them!) on their fingers. haha

Fishnet Stockings
 a slightly darker tomato-ey red, it's one of those colours most women have in their collections for a reason! A classic and elegant shade that suits every occasion and has basically become a neutral, fitting almost any outfit!

Turquoise & Caicos
the fun one of the lot, it's ridiculous how I always get compliments on my nails when I have this on. I've even gotten a compliment from an old man once and he wasn't even trying to hit on me!  That's how nice it looks on!

Muchi Muchi
the "good girl" shade! We all have "Wicked" moments, but then we all have "Muchi Muchi" moments (or Ballet Slippers moments!). This is the shade I wear when I want to feel super feminine and sophisticated! What is yours?

9 comments:

  1. I like Not just a pretty face as a sophisticated pink. Thinking of getting ballet slippers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! I own Chinchilly and I may have to add Fishnet Stockings now too ; ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muchi muchi looks beautiful, I'm really loving simple colours that look so chic and polished <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Essie polishes... I love Sand Tropez and Master Plan a LOT.

    annie | www.nouveauchique.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I own a couple of Essie polishes and although the colours are divine, the formula still chips on me!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love an Essie polish, the formulas spot on…Meet me at Sunset and Exotic Liras are my faves :) x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. love Essie polish just all round great products x

    www.MyBeautySleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Muchi Much and Chinchilly as well - those shades are so lovely! I don't have Turquoise and Caicos but I do have Mint Candy Apple and I always get complimented on it as well! LOVE Essie polishes!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous nail polishes, I love your blog and I have started you following you with Bloglovin and GFC. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!
    Camille xo.
    cococami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...