Monday, 2 June 2014

A Life Update!

Hello there, it is only me, the missing owner of this very blog! I have no excuses for my absence and I'm sure you all wouldn't be interested in hearing any anyway, so I'll just get on with it! Since I last saw you, I have only gone and moved house and gotten a new job!


If I'm being completely honest with you, I can't say I was thrilled with moving a mere block away from our last place. I really liked that flat and really saw ourselves living there for a good few years to come still. But then the owner decided to sell the place and since we're not in a flat-buying position at the moment, we had to leave. We still wanted to be in the town centre for convenience reasons and we found a great two-bedroom place just a block away. Plus, upgrading from a one to a two bedroom meant my husband can now have his electric drum kit in the flat, which pleases him greatly and means he can start teaching drums again which pleases me greatly (cha-ching!). I've also been really enjoying decorating the place and piecing together some more accessories for the living room, which means your can expect more decor posts! And on the job front...

Some samples of my initial (terrible) work and then an actual good one which I made just yesterday!

I've started working as a barista! I started last April and am now a part of the Boston Tea Party team. It's a chain of 15 cafes spread mainly around the West of England. However, it is a family owned business, which I guess helps keep the independent vibe to each cafe, which I love! Working as a barista has always been in the back of my mind if I'm honest and it is everything I expected! It can be a lot of hard work, but meeting new people every day and making good coffee really is a pleasure! I've met some great people who have been really encouraging and really lovely about my wonky ferns and bubbly milk... Luckily it all does come with practice and my drinks are looking and tasting better every day! 

How has life been treating you lately?

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ferdie!
    I'll pop in on my lunch break one day to spot you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for new house and new job
    All the best with decorating
    Have a great week
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't imagine how glad I am to know all this. The new job, new apartment, new life, things getting together... This is great, Sis. My best wishes for the couple. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your apartment is darling! Love that butterfly print! Can you come style my home? ;)

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your apartment looks lovely! And congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new place looks so lovely, I love home decor posts so can't wait to read yours! My brother is at uni in Bristol and he loves Boston Tea Party haha we always go in there when I visit :) XO

    www.dottymakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame that you had to move, but the new place seems beautiful - and knowing your brilliant eye for design the place is going to look fabulous!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering where you had gone! Congratulations on the new job! I was a barista for four years! I also love the butterfly print in your new place!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new job lovely! It's good to see you back <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the new job and the place looks lovely!
    Im so glad that youre back!
    xox.

    http://www.sunshinedaisy.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new job and home! :-) xx

    http://hipslikecinders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! The cappuccinos are looking fantastic, I work in a coffee shop but cant do any fancy art like that, so impressive :) How long roughly did it take to learn the design above? x

    Cup of Loveliness

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...