Sunday, 9 March 2014

The Sunday Post #11


This has definitely been a weekend for change! I started exercising again this week and I went on a lovely run yesterday with my friend and managed to do quite a lot of running as opposite to mostly walking! It is so true that your head gives up way before your legs do, as I didn't run as far today without the distraction of a friend there. hehe We're planning on running a 5k in July, but I'm sure that if we keep this up, we'll be ready for a 10k by then, easy! I also went back to eating a bit more healthy this week, in compliance with my New Year's resolution. January was great, but February was a complete write off, what with all the baking. I'm hoping the exercising will influence me with the eating, as I don't want to ruin all my hard work!

Right now I'm trying really hard to fix sleeping schedule. Yesterday was the first day I woke up at a sensible time in what feels like months and I guess my body caught on cause I feel super sleepy during the day and have SUCH a hard time falling asleep at night. And when I do fall asleep, I always end up waking up in the middle of the night, so the sleep I do get is all choppy. I've been trying to turn off from the TV & computer/phone an hour before going to bed to slow my brain down and also drinking chamomile tea an hour before bed. It hasn't worked it, but I'm sure the regular exercise will help. 

Given the excitably early hour I got up at, the first thing I did was pop into the WHSmith around the corner to pick up the new issue of Vogue! I'm not usually a Vogue reader, but this one's got Nigella on the cover, I do love her! I've always prefered reading ELLE, as it feels a bit more "approachable" (if that's a quality a magazine can have!), but I did enjoy reading this issue of Vogue, so I might give it another chance! 

And I finally took advantage of that 3 for 2 at Boots and picked me up some Essie goodies! The taupey colour is Chinchilly, the red is Wicked (which I believe is Essie's answer to Chanel's Rouge Noir) and I also got their high shine top coat! I just did my nails this morning and it IS shiny, let's see how it holds up! And while browsing the shops yesterday, I stumbled upon not one, but TWO striped, navy blazers (first one's from H&M and the second from TK Maxx)! Is that a sign or what?? They look perfect to Spring, so I might have to give in! 

What have you been up to this week??

12 comments:

  1. Love the striped blazers, such a classic piece :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nigella looks awesome on that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely impressions!

    x Maria
    New outfitpost up featuring the perfect high waist jeans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need to get hold of some Essie nail varnish! A lovely post :)
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chinchilly is one of my favorite Essie polishes!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've recently become a fan of essie nail polishes and think that I need to pick up Chinchilly one day! Those striped blazers look great!

    x
    bespectacled

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! I love your blog!!

    Now following your lovely blog on Bloglovin'
    Tsui.
    Fashion Ganache.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am absolutely in love with your name, it is beautiful! Your photography is equally so, I have given you a follow via Bloglovin :)

    Kathryn xx
    Bit of a Freak | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger



    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great week! Keep up the healthy eating, i've been trying to but it's been so hard!
    Your photos are too cute so I'm going to have to find your Instagram now haha.

    Tsui.
    Fashion Ganache.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loveeee that dark polish, and that jacket is a great piece

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems like you had a lovely Sunday <3 And you also have a lovely Blog.

    I'd appreciate if you check out my blog, Alina à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss your posts ferdie :( hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...