Monday, 13 January 2014

Mood of the Moment: Black Ankle Boots


I remember when ankle boots made their come back. It was the mid 2000's, I believe. I wasn't remotely into fashion back then, but I clearly remember thinking how absolutely ridiculous and unappealing they looked. I couldn't understand why anyone would choose such an unflattering length for their boots! I felt it made calves look like twigs and made legs look shorter (the last one is actually a fact, mind you!). Fast forward 10 years and the day I never saw coming has arrived: I am CRAVING a pair!

I'm guessing it's all Alexa Chung's fault and her love for the Chelsea boot. I'm not a massive fan of hers, but her amazing style is undeniable. I really believe ankle boots are one of the key pieces to achieving that effortlessly chic look, and my wardrobe has got a huge gap for them. I currently own a mammoth one pair of riding boots and I gotta say it is such a pain to have to put them on every time I leave the house! I guess my main reason for wanting a pair of ankle boots comes down to laziness: they're easier to put on! God help me... haha

I also love their versatility, the way they can dress down and "rockify" a little cocktail dress, or how they're great for a day out and about. Plus, they are the perfect transitional piece: rock it with tights during winter or shorts during the summer. I hereby officially declare a black ankle boot a must-have!

14 comments:

  1. Hear! Hear! I'm wearing my beloved Topshop Chelsea boots right now. I'm finding myself wearing it with everything!

    Girl+World

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of a brown boot girl and I have some lovely ones from next which have a bit of a heel - no more tiny Kate!

    Kate xo | www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have an obsession with them, theyre my fave type of boots!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just bought some black ankle boots from the teen range at new look and I'm in love. They do 'rockify' anything but in a cute way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finds I was just thinking I need some new black boots thanks for the info!

    mybeautysleuth x

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can’t go wrong with a good pair of black boots!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely picks. I've also spotted a few beautiful ones in Topshop... aahh, that shop is gonna kill me :(
    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love boots in general. It is a shame that some women hide their ankle boots under their jeans. Great post, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love ankle booties! lately ive been wanting a pair of thigh high boots but they seem too much of a hassle to put on compared to ankle boots hahaha

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would chose ankle boots over very other type of shoes, love all these.It was great hearing your thoughts on my Golden Globes post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouuuh, I have a hate love affair with these boots, I think they're so cool and edgy but somehow it doesn't suit my style or almost anything from my wardrobe but some jeans and blouses! But I think they're so cool :) xx

    www.leenatheunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. in my opinion, you can never ever ever ever have enough ankle boots, they go with everything and look so sleek all the time!
    im your newest follower on GFC!

    emma xo
    whatwouldemmado.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love black ankle boots! I recently got some bargains from tesco and got two pairs for £15! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...