Saturday, 11 January 2014

Winter Skin Friends


Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute: This is a rich, thick, creamy moisturizer and I don't know what kind of magic is in this pot that makes it sit so light on the skin. It moisturizes brilliantly and keeps it that way throughout the day (and night!). If you have oily skin that tends to go towards combination/dry during the winter, do not hesitate to pick this up. Plus, it's got the Ruth Crilly seal of approval!

Indeed Labs Hydraluron: The blogosphere's most talked about serum, as made famous by Caroline Hirons! It has become and essential for me during winter. I picked this up a good dew months ago and wasn't thrilled with the results, but it's really been a life saver during the colder months. 

Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm: My new favourite lip treatment! I'm still all about the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream for the night time, but I never leave the house during the day without a thick layer of this lip balm on. It protects my lips from the cold winds like nothing else!

Nivea In-shower Body Moisturizer: For the lazy girls out there, this is definitely enough on its own during the warmer months, but it's been more like a "primer" for a thicker moisturizer during winter. I still wouldn't skip this step, as it makes my skin super soft and moisturized!

Soap & Glory Righteous Butter: I don't tend to moisturize my skin year round (I fit into the lazy girl category mentioned above), but I've been loving this body butter this winter! I like to apply it right out of the shower, while my skin is still a little wet and my pores open from the hot shower! Plus, like everything else from Soap & Glory, it smells lovely, my husband even commented on it. hehe

What are your essential for winter skin care? x

15 comments:

  1. Ooh I really really want to try the Rêve de Miel lip balm *-*

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Reve de Miel at night and love how my lips feel in the morning. Also love the righteous butter! Good to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using nevea for ages , it's superb for winter..
    I am wanting to try soap and glowry butter
    I am inviting you to enter phone covers giveaway
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2014/01/spice-up-your-phone-giveaway.html?m=0
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering about Nivea's in shower body moisturizer. My skin is very dry sometimes and being a total lazy bum, this seemed very easy to use :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lipbalm but I'm not sold on Hydraluron! I don't think it sits well under make up anyway :)

    annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I always love your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm craaaazy to buy the soap & glory body butter. Actually I'm obsessed with body butters, even though I dont own too many... Anyways, my current favorite is the one from Bath & Body Works... Is amazing and smells like eucalyptus and spearmint... the only problem is that was limited edition so I can't find it anymore :(
    But I'm definitely getting the soap & glory one :D

    I'M SO HAPPY YOU ARE BACK.

    bleualice.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely picks here really want to try Hydraluron x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Nuxe lip balm is definitely an essential of mine, and I've found myself using Hydraluron more as well!

    Girl+World

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh the Nuxe moisturiser sounds perfect for me, I have oily skin through summer but it gets so so dry in winter! This cream sounds fantastic. You can't beat the S&G body butters they smell divine x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweety, how have you been? Hope your year has started with a bang! I haven't tried any of these so its really good reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rêve de Miel is my all time favourite lip balm! Love some of your picks!

    www.walking-in-heels.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have pretty dry skin all year round, so i definitely need to pick up some of these products! I Love the Soap & Glory butter, and i'm itching to try some Nuxe products!
    Great post lovely :)

    Latasha xx |Today I Adore

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Nuxe lip balm and Hydraluron, definitely staples for me.

    Kate xo | www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hydraluron is lovely, it works quite well I just wish it didn't leave that tight feeling.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...