Thursday, 16 January 2014

A Toner Double Whammy: Clarins Toners


Clarins as a brand was founded in 1954 by a Jacques Courtin (I always thought it was founded by a woman for some reason!). The name Clarins comes from a character he played in a school play years before. He liked it so much, he added it to his own name, becoming Jacques Courtin-Clarins (that's a rather posh name!). Jacques started by mixing oils and selling them in his own salon back in the day and his products were very popular with the rich and famous of the time.

Since then, Clarins has become the leading brand of luxury skincare in Europe. The quality of the products is undeniable, but the French allure of the brand is something that definitely draws me in even more! Lately, I've been using Clarins toners exclusively and I have got only good things to say about the results! Firstly, the Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Toner has become an all time favourite and a must have. My main issue with my skin are the acne scars that are left behind after every-little-blemish I get. They are tiny dark spots which can last for months! Given that, exfoliating my skin is an absolute must and it's something I can do on an every day basis thanks to this toner. Clarins recommends to only use it twice a week, but I've had absolutely no problems with my daily use (as long as I'm careful not to use it alongside other exfoliating products). It has helped my acne scarring fade that much faster. The spots now last a few weeks, rather than months and I couldn't be more pleased! Now, since it started getting colder, I felt the need for and extra boost of hydration, so I decided to go for their Toning Lotion with Camomile. Toner is usually the forgotten step in skincare just because it's so hard to have quick, noticeable results with it. After using this toner for a few months, it is a step I will definitely not be skipping in my routine. It makes all the difference when I wake up in the morning, the radiator on all night, and my skin doesn't feel dry or tight in the slightest. 

There are still so many other Clarins products I want to try, but I also love their Pure Melt Cleansing Gel. It is perfect for the winter months, since the gel turns into a nicely moisturizing oil when you rub it on your face and makes it as smooth and fresh as can be! 

Have you tried anything from Clarins? Anything you've got your eyes on? x

18 comments:

  1. I've never tried Clarins toners. The exfoliating toner sounds great!

    Katie | and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cleansers and toners from Clarins - for me they are at the top of gentle but effective cleansing and I love the camomile one, it has such a gorgeous peppery scent :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about the Clarins Exfoliating Toner, may have to try it!
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That exfoliating toner is definitely on my to try list. I also admire and would love to try their makeup.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. these products are very good,love your review and pics
    I posted a new article, I'd love to know your opinion
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try the gentle exfoliator. I’ve heard such good thing about it.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm never triedn anything from Clarins but I always see these products getting rave reviews everywhere. I may need to give this toner a try. I think I will once my current toner runs out!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. love Clarins products. these seems so good!
    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried them before, but I would love to.

      Delete
  10. I really need to finally pick up the exfoliating toner!!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about not really seeing any results with toners! I've tried tons over the years and I have yet to figure out if it's worth it or not… Will give this Clarins one a go :)

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its really bad, but I'm so lazy when it comes to toner and rarely do it!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got the Exfoliating Toner and love it!

    Kate xo | www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently picked up the Clarin's Exfoliating Toner and I've been loving it! I tend to use it every other day rather than every day and I hope to see a difference soon. It hasn't even been a week yet so I can say much about it but I love how gentle it is and I've heard so much about how effective it is. Looking forward to using it more!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never tried a clarins product very tempted though everyone always has good things to say about them, the exfoliating toner sound good though! xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been wanting to try that exfoliating toner for absolutely ages! I'm using Pixi Glow Tonic instead which is said to be similar but once that runs out I'm definitely going to give the Clarins a go :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...