Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Facial Scrub - Review

 
 sample size pictured
 

I gotta admit, when I got my hands on this Dermalogica scrub, I wasn't rushing to try it! I was really happy with my Soap & Glory Scrubatomic (review here!), so I ended up putting it away and not actually trying it for weeks! Plus, it just seemed a bit of a faff for me. It being a powder and all, I could already see myself dropping the little tub and ending up with an all over white bathroom!

According to the Dermalogica website, this is their #1 selling facial scrub and I can see why! Truth is, it's not fiddly at all. There's really nothing too hard about pouring a bit of powder into wet hands, is there? haha The powder does look too fine to do anything when you first pour it on. But as soon as you start rubbing your hands together to create a paste, you can see the small scrubbing particles. This is a rice-based scrub, it contains rice enzymes and salicylic acid, so in addition to the mechanical exfoliation, I like to leave it on for a minute or two and let the acid and enzymes do their thing! 

I know this is really gross sounding, but you know when you get a pedi and they exfoliate your feet to an inch of their lives and you can see the yucky dead skin rolling off? This had been the first scrub to ever do that to my FACE and I've got to say I'm very pleased with the results!

This is meant to be brilliant for oily skin and I guess it would be ok to use everyday if you're in that club. However, I would stick to maybe twice a week if you've got normal skin and would definitely steer clear of it altogether if you've got sensitive skin! I'm in the normal skin category at the moment and it can make my skin a bit red, but it goes away after a few minutes.

You can grab your Dermalogica bits from Beauty900. They've got free delivery on and there's free samples with every order!

Have you tried anything from Dermalogica?

12 comments:

  1. Yay, glad you're back! I haven't tried anything from Dermalogica but I've heard a lot of good things about this.

    Hannah
    Girl+World

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds gross but I think it will work for me too , I'll try
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks interesting? Never tried anything like it.
    mybeautysleuth x

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i had a go at this and I found it pretty ok. Wouldn't buy it myself but had a good sample :)

    Love your blog,
    Roses are bluee ♡
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard good things about this. I'm not sure yet if I'll try it out.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this and I love it!

    Katie | and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh so glad this works for you! For some reason it doesn't do anything for my skin at all!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not tried anything from them yet. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couldn't help but notice your paco rabanne perfume in the background! I absolutely adore that perfume!

    Littlecoldcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Want to share with you
    http://beauty900.co.uk/dermalogica-daily-microfoliant-75g
    10% discount is running

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...