Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Candle Season Is Here!



It's a deja vu to last year! I had a pretty similar post to this exactly a year ago, but I suppose the lower temperatures and shorter days just get us craving some candles around the house, don't they? Do you feel like this as well? Sometimes I find the right scent can warm up the whole room that little bit more! These two Yankee Candles were two of my birthday presents. They weren't on my wishlist, but when my husband noticed we ran out of our Honey & Spice, HE suggested we get some more! They think they can hide it, but we all know blokes secretly enjoy the scented candles just like we do! haha What I like the most about the Christmas Cookie scent is that it smells just like that! That lovely, buttery smell fills up the whole room and I have to think carefully about when I want to light it cause it always ends up making me hungry! The same goes for the ever so popular Salted Caramel scent. The one thing I hated about it was not knowing what actual food it smelled like so I could satisfy my craving after smelling it all day! I finally figured it out though: caramel popcorn will do the trick. You're welcome! Lastly we have the more sophisticated looking (and smelling) Rituals Under a Fig Tree. I took advantage of my £5 off birthday voucher from FeelUnique.com to get this and it was well used. This is the warmest scent of them all and it's got a Diptyque's Figuier vibe to it for a much friendlier price tag! It doesn't burn very evenly though, so if you're fussy about your candle quality, this might not be ideal!

Are you into burning candles? What are your favourite ones? 

17 comments:

  1. Hi Ferdie! There is no better time of the year than candle time!!! I always have a candle all year round but this time of year I definitely veer towards the vanilla/fig/caramel/xmassy scents! Currently got Bath and Body Works Apple Ale burning as I type! These 3 all look delicious, I really want to pick up some Yankee candles when I am in the UK-I bought their advent calender this year!

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas cookie candle sounds lovely and warming, and now you've made me very hungry :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking down the candle Aisle. Cinnamon is my favorite. Great post, hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice candles :)

    New Post Up: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/11/one-dress-three-ways-to-wear.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been loving my Salted Carmel Yankee and now I am just going to have to get some caramel popcorn aren't I?! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love candles! My favourites scents and fig, cinnamon and ginger at this time of year. Really enjoyed reading this post!
    If you have time, please check out my blog, I would really appreciate it htpp://gjamhill.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to start lighting some of my candles I have lying around. Love Yankee Candles - I want to try the "Under the Fig Tree" one :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas cookie sounds so perfect! I'm loving Christmas Wish from neom at the moment <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live candles- especially bath and body works candles because I lone to reuse the jars when I'm done.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the Salted Caramel candle, I purchased it a few weeks ago and have already used it all! I also love their Sugar Cookie scent, quite similar to Salted Caramel but just a tad sweeter!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rituals Under a Fig Tree si on my Xmas list. I Adore everything fig scented. Glad to read that it lives up to expectations :D x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh i really want the salted caramel, merry marshmallow and fireside treats!
    im currently burning a glade spiced apple and cinnamon i think £2 in tesco and smells amazing!
    definitely need a neom or diptyque! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, I've missed your blog so much!!
    I really want to try Yankee Candles but I'm always a bit scared because they seem to be so strong, and strong scents always give me headaches! hahah I really love the ones from Bath & Body Works.. have you ever tried those? Anyways, one day I will give it a go to the yankee ones :)

    Hope everything is ok with you Ferdie...
    xo
    bleualice.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh deary me, I wish they had Salted Caramel where I live, we only have 4 scents out of the Christmas selection! I'm getting a new Yankee tomorrow, cannot wait. Great post. x

    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both the Yankee Candle ones sound so delicious...I must try them!! Really enjoying your blog lovely- new follower :)

    beautyandlifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...