Sunday, 24 November 2013

A Chanel Particuliere Dupe!


Who doesn't like a dupe? Especially one where the price tag is 1/4 or the original! I'm talking about the classic Chanel shade Particuliere, as made famous by Victoria Beckham! She was seen sporting the colour everywhere when it first came out and then the world went bananas. Step aside reds and neutral nudes, this strange grey-ish brown colour was here to stay! After that pretty much every brand came out with it's own version of it (as with pretty much every shade Chanel comes out with!) and here I present to you Rimmel's offering: the Salon Pro Nail Colour with Lycra in Beige Babe! This range from Rimmel is probably my favourite from any brand. The brush is perfect for making a one swipe application, the formula is just the right consistency and the price tag just rounds it all up making it the perfect nail polish: £4.50 a pop! The biggest difference I can see between the two (besides the price tag!) is the grey-ish undertone distinctive to many of Chanel's shades. Rimmel's version has a bit of a warmer undertone, there is a tiny bit more red in it. 

If you're wondering why I have two nail polishes that look so much alike, join the club. I'm wondering the same thing!

13 comments:

  1. I love Chanel Particuliere, it's one of my fave nail polishes, and this one by Rimmel is really a good Dupe! A fantastic option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well looks like I'm off to buy Beige Babe! What an excellent dupe in such a beautiful color!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually never seen this shade before- it does look very pretty.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks pretty on you. Enter my giveaway. http://www.chicfromhair2toe.com/2013/11/hot-links-weekly-roundup-11232013.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the dupe swatches! Dw, you're not alone in buying dupe colours, I do the same thing. Perhaps we just gravitate towards a particular shade each time we shop? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouuu that's a really good dupe! I was definitely eyeing up Particuliere when it first came out..might have to check this out. :)

    http://jemaroons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dupe - I'd go for the cheaper one for sure.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dupe find! Thanks for sharing :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered vivid transparent idea
    online for girls games

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dupe, I really like those Rimmel brushes too!

    Laura | White Winters

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow you can hardly tell the difference - a great dupe (but then I love Rimmel nail varnish already!)

    Grace x

    I'd love it if you could check out my blog too, and let me know if you want to follow each other?
    http://blondiesstylefix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...